If you’re new to red teaming and don’t know where to start, we suggest the following links:
- Red Teaming and Alternative Analysis. This will give you some context for what follows.
- Red Teaming: A Balanced View. Red teaming isn’t a silver bullet activity or a one-size-fits-all solution. Learn about some of the considerations you should consider when red teaming.
- The Laws of Red Teaming. Think like a red teamer.
- Red Teaming: It’s Not Just for Security Anymore. You want good decisions across your enterprise.
- Red Teaming and ‘The Library of Babel.’ This is a recent post on how organizational culture can enable or hinder red teaming.
- Red Teaming: Feel the Power. More on the challenge of red teaming in the real world.
- Why We Red Team. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
- The Red Team Mindset (at RedTeams.net). Think like a red teamer some more.
- The Information Design Assurance Red Team (at IDART.Sandia.gov). Another perspective on red teaming …
When you’re done with these, we recommend coming back to Red Team Journal, reading the “See It Like Jones Would” series of essays, and digging into the RTJ list of resources. If you still want more, try The Red Teamer’s Bookshelf (2012 Edition).