Taught through Watermark Risk Management, LLC, the one-, two-, or three-day day Becoming Odysseus course is designed to educate students in the art of red teaming. It is “domain agnostic”; in other words, the topics and tools in the course apply to the practice of strategy, planning, intelligence, or security, whether in business, government, military, or law enforcement.
The course is based on seven modules, each of which is enhanced by practical exercises. Roughly half of the modules address the process of building and framing a red team and half address the superior red teamer’s individual skills. Underpinning the entire course are principles of systems analysis, systems engineering, game theory, and knowledge management. Modules include:
- Who cares? Goals, options, concerns.
- What’s in? What’s out? Roles, systems, interfaces, boundaries.
- Mind the gap. Scenarios, adversary models.
- Dominate. Strategic thinking, dominant strategies, time horizons.
- Go, fight, win (the hypergame): perception, deception, stratagem.
- Sharing is caring. Communication, findings, risk.
- Stretch. Mental models, culture, resistance.
The course is offered both in person and online. Watch this page for upcoming sessions.
Custom Sessions: Let us know if you’d prefer a custom session, either online or at a site of your choice.
If you’re new to red teaming, consider signing up for one of our Red Teaming 101 sessions hosted by RTJ founder Mark Mateski.